What's new

About crew members

Cruz77

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm new to this game and I have a question about crew members. For example the merchant is supposed to give a discount on resources and improvements. Can I just hire the merchant, do my shopping with discounts and then disband the merchant again? Well this doesn't work for me. Upgrades cost exactly the same amount of parts no matter if the merchant is on a seat or not. So how am I supposed to use the merchant then? Same goes for the medic, machinist and so on.

I also don't get if the drill sergant and the commandant have to sit on a seat during an entire mission or is it enough to hire them in the last moment before the mission is finished.

Thanks.

darktank

Reaction score
you need to keep them the commander is somebody who gives you dubbel exp at lvl 10 the change for dubbel is 50% drill sergeant to he needs to stay later in game you would understand why you need those crew memebers there esstianel to this game. the merchant is something to keep to but just disband to pay your resources and hire someone else is a little bit stupid :) because at the end you will not get any discount of your merchant because she stays lvl 1 and the change for higher discounts will be at lvl 10 again

hope you understood what i said

darktank veteran player of steellegions

Cruz77

Reaction score
No, I don't understand. Crew members don't lose their levels and their experience when they are disbanded. Apparently you can hire them, disband them and shuffle them around as you like.

My question was about the time restritction of when exactly a crew member has to be seated and when can it be dismissed? For the merchant for example it doesn't seem to be sufficient to be seated just before buying an upgrade, because I don't see any change in the number of parts I have to spend on the upgrade. I get a 4% discount and that should be noticable when an upgrade costs more than 100 parts.

darktank

Reaction score
its isn't applied on cps the merchant its only on the gold purheses

Cruz77

Reaction score
Alright thanks! Yes it is true. I can see the discount on gold valued upgrades instantly after I seated a merchant.

To SplitScreen: It would be so great if there was a way to remove the annoying pop up that tells you about disbanding a crew member having no side effects. And it's not just that you get the point after you saw it two or three times. When my tank gets destroyed during a mission and I'm waiting to be respawned, I could use the time to rearrange my crew, but can't because this stupid pop up is underneath the "do you want to use a repair kit for instant respawn?" dialog and it doesn't let me go ahead with my crew changes.